Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Meaning of Easter

This past week I have been trying to get Leighton into the Easter spirit. We had so much fun with egg hunts, an Easter party, and dyeing eggs. If any holiday would be her favorite, it would be Easter. Ever since this girl was little she has had an obsession with eggs. Getting to play with them and find them has been a dream come true. We might just end up doing egg activities for the rest of the year. P.S. I totally made that adorable gold egg shirt she has on. I am serious when i say we were in the hippity hoppity easter bunnyrific spirit.






I was so excited for all the holiday eggcitement that i didn't spend much time talking to her about the real meaning of Easter at all. Okay to be honest i didn't spend anytime talking about it. Sarah challenged me in her last letter to do the #becauseofhim on instagram, which i did and I loved my small moments i took each day to reflect on all that i have been blessed with because of the savior.

Last night i laid in bed and thought about what i wanted to post about Easter. What it really meant to me, what spending all this time with the girls means, and why we celebrate this blessed holiday. I really lost sight of what is important, not that dying ombre eggs and dipping strawberries to look like carrots isn't...but the resurrection of Jesus Christ just is so much more. This holiday is really about our savior and that he died for us and lived again. I am somewhat amazed at how there are two huge holidays devoted to a man that not everyone believes in but almost everyone seems to celebrate. How wonderful is the message that seems to be hiding along with all those eggs? 

If you have not seen this movie yet, provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, then please watch it. I could not describe in a better way what is real and possible because of this man and his actions that we celebrate on this Easter Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment